Skip to form

Important Information
For the benefit of persons applying for motor vehicle excise abatements, the Assessor’s Office requires proof of transfer of ownership in accordance with the following conditions:
Documentation is needed on both the vehicle and the plate.
  1. Traded: Copy of bill of sale from automobile dealer.
  2. Sold (private party): Copy of bill of sale or reasonable proof of sale.
  3. Moved: Copy of your new state registration.
  4. Total Loss or Stolen: Letter from insurance company or a receipt from the junk yard: must have date of settlement, VIN number, car make and model on letter or junk receipt.
  5. Donation: Letter from the company you donated the vehicle to.
  6. Junked: Receipt from the junk yard with the vehicle identification number on the receipt.
  7. Repossession letter
  1. Cancelled Registration: Plate return receipt from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles.
  2. Transfer of Plate: Copy of registration showing the transfer of plates.
“Pay bill!!” Refund will follow if abatement is allowed.
Please check that you agree before continuing.
By continuing I agree that I am willing to complete a digital version of the document(s) and that information about my user session will be stored.
Signature HereClick to Sign
05/22/2024Click to Sign
Signature HereSamuel Konieczny Will Sign Here

Create Your Signature

Please fill in your name and email and then either draw or type your signature below.


Signature Type

Type Draw Upload Custom
Clear Signature

Signature will be applied to the page. You will have a chance to review after signing.

Check this box to continue


Additional Signatures Required

Bill of sale, Total loss letter, Junk receipt or Donation receipt, Reposession letter. Click Here to Upload
Registration cancellation receipt or Transfer of Plate and New Registration Click Here to Upload
Additional Attachments Click Here to Upload
Additional Attachments Click Here to Upload